Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Sometimes you realize what you have to say is not worth figuring out how to say it."

           I start school tomorrow. It's actually going to just be one hour for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am extremely ready to go because I haven't had school since May, and I need friends. Don't get me wrong. I love my hermanitas, but it would be nice to see people my age. I went on a  run with my mom.... I don't know how many times ill be able to do that. She was too athletic for me. She kept pointing out groups in the streets and saying you're going to know them soon. They're your age. It actually made me nervous because if I don't make friends in school, I will literally have no one. Mucha presión! 
            The second day I got here, we had another party for Abuela and Ainara. It was saint's day for the people without a day for their name. We also went to a gypsy market and got olives and a scarf. 
                Dad and I went to run some errands for me yesterday. We went to look for activities and got some documents. We also got my phone working here, so now I have a Spanish phone! 
              My favorite thing here is the coffees. They are so tiny and delicious, and I try to have one whenever I get a chance! Also the Napolitanas are delicious. Miguel and I went and got a café and a Napolitana. I spend a lot of time with my grandparents because my parents work. My grandma is so sweet. She is more like the age of my real mom, but a little bit older. 

        Whenever anyone in my family talks to me, they make sure to talk in ways that I will understand. I will be fluent in 3 languages: English, Spanish, and sign language because we use our hands for gestures so much.
       The last thing I have to say is that you come into this with the idea that it's going to be this amazing experience. And YES it is, but at the same time, it's never going to be what you imagined. The first couple days, you're in honey moon phase because everything is new and awesome, but then it hits you. This is not a vacation. If you want a break from it, that sucks because you're here for 10 more months. You can't just be like oh wait let me go hug my real mom for a moment or tell her how my day was. It's kind of a scary thought, and I think this is definitely how you figure out who you are. 

      The girls on their first day of school

              Un café at Abuelas
     In the hotel, we made friends with Italians in a table soccer tournament. When I was watching TV, I realized this was the World Cup and they ended up winning.
   Mi amor that I miss dearly

No comments:

Post a Comment